Bed Bug Control
Bed bugs are insects that suck on the blood of their hosts and their food of preference is a human being!! If they can’t find people, then they will feed on pets. An adult bed bug is red/brown in color and they grow to be about one quarter of an inch long. Their body shape is flat and oval and they have 6 legs. When they are done sucking on blood, the body will swell and become shaped like a pill. After feeding, their bodies swell and elongate into a pill-like form. A nymph looks like a lot like an adult but is small and white/yellow in color or transparent until they beginning feeding.
How dangerous are bed bugs?
Bed bugs are not terribly dangerous, but they do bite and suck on human skin so it should not a surprise to see them inside our homes. If you have an allergy to saliva then you can get red welts that itch and eventually become an infection. Another concern of having bed bugs can be increased stress which can result in an unhealthy loss of sleep.
Why are there bed bugs?
Whether your house is clean or dirty, bed bugs a bed bug invasion can happen as long as there are people inside of it. Bed bugs can simply crawl inside of your shoe while you are outside to get inside of your house. Whether you are at the local park, inside a hospital, seeing a movie at a movie theater, it is very easy for bed bugs to sneak inside of your belongings wherever you are.
Where to locate bed bugs?
Don’t let the name fool you. Besides hiding inside of your mattress, bed bugs can be found in your couch, behind a light fixture, inside of a wall, or in the crack of a floor or wood furniture in your house.
How do I exterminate bed bugs?
The best way to remove bed bugs from tour house is to call a local pest control company. Long Island Pest Control would be happy to help you get rid of bed bugs. We have very smart and experienced technicians who can provide you with safe and effective bed bug control services. If you would like to inquire about our services, then contact Long Island Pest Control now!
How to prevent bed bugs in the future?
Here is some advice on how to protect your home from becoming infested with bed bugs:
- If you are traveling or outside, keep all of your clothing and personal off of the ground.
- If you are at work or in school, keep your personal stuff away from other people’s person stuff.
- Change and wash your bed sheets, pillow cases, and blankets every week. Look closely at your mattress and box spring for any bed bugs.
- Vacuum your floor on a regular basis.
- Do not bring used furniture or a used mattress inside of your house.
- Immediately wash new or used clothing with high heat.
- Look closely around a hotel room before you bring your luggage inside.
- When you get home from a vacation, immediately wash and dry all clothing with high heat.
Request Your Free Inspection
Fill out the form below to request your free no-obligation inspection.
Get Started With Long Island Pest Control Today
To get started with Long Island Pest Control, call or text 631-652-6900.